Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Thelma and Louise
























I tell you I have the life right now! And believe me I am not taking one minute of it for granted. Because come Sept. I know it’ll be back to the daily grind, hum drum life of a stay at home mom. You guys know what I’m talking about.
So this past weekend my mom and I high-tailed it to Nashville for the weekend. Who would have thought that TN could be so far away from Raleigh. Do you know its not much further to drive from Syracuse to Nash then it was for us? Craziness! Goes to show how well we learned our geography(and I think that was my favorite subject!)
Anyway my mom and I spent 18 hours together driving across the mountains of NC and TN on 40. There were a few moments when I thought I was going to have to leave her high and dry on the side of the road to be rescued by some trucker. But no seriously all in all we had a really amazing time. Lots of laughs, (you know girls the ones where you just about pee your pants), good talks, and a few lessons (can you believe she taught me how to text message and add a ring tone to my phone, and no I don’t want to hear it Meg, Yes I am a little behind the times) . I actually just convinced John to buy me a laptop which is what Im using to write this from 30,000 feet above on my way to Vegas (more about that in the next blog) I told you I have the life right now.
Back to Nashville. We actually went there for a 50yr anniversary party for some really good friends of the family. A couple I pretty much consider grandparents.. The party was fun and really special. We stayed at a sweet hotel and relaxed by the pool most of the days. At night we checked out downtown and got hooked on all the country music venues, etc. We went on a party cruise boat traveling along some river(don‘t ask me which) that ran through downtown and other areas of the city. It was wild, lots of redneck fun: beer drinkin, band playin, and just being silly.

No comments: