Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Anyone want to join me?

Finally mapped out my marathon training plan for this fall. I've decided to run Raleigh's half marathon on Nov 4 http://cityofoaksmarathon.com/ as a half way point to my full marathon in Phoenix on my 30th birthday! I'm following a 12 week schedule for the half. Starts out really easy. 3 mile runs, speed one day and a long run starting at 5miles working up to 12. Anyone want to race with me. Hint, hint, Sheila, Laura, Christy?? It would be a good excuse to come visit! I'll send you the training schedule all of you could do it.
Wish me luck I start the actual training next week. Then its 20 weeks of running, running, running, follwed by blistering, bleeding, aches, pain, and hopefully the "runners high" and shedding of some pounds. Sounds good right?
I'm excited about all this running, am I weird or what?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's great that you are giving yourself goals. I just watched my sister in law compete in the Cazenovia triathlon. So I have decided I am going to make that my goal for my 30th bday next summer. Starts with a half mile swim, 14 mile bike, and finish with a 5k run. Plus I'll still do the 5k race that Caz has on the 4th of July. Came in 3rd this year in my age group, unfortunately I don't see that happening again. Send me the running schedule and I'll see if my body can handle it. Or maybe I can just come cheer you on. :) Christy

Spindler Clan said...

Sounds tempting...NOT!!! :) I thought the 5k's were challenging enough! :) Couldn't imagine doing 13 miles!! Good for you for setting this goal for yourself. I will be your cheerleader! :)
She