Sunday, August 26, 2007

Rough Start

Today was the first long run of my marathon training. Every Sunday I am suppose to put in a long run to end the week. Starting with 5 miles on week One (today) through to 22 miles on week 15 or so.
So on a good note I ran the 5 miles without much trouble (at least from the ankles up). I had to go out at 6:15 am because of the heat but was still sweating my butt off! During the rough moments I would daydream of running the Warriors Path loop in the snow last year, that seemed to keep me cooler : )
Anyway all was good until 22 mins. when my feet starting blistering and bleeding once again.
I had to stop and actually take out my $402 orthotics, such a great investment! Tomorrow I am going back to FootSolutions to show the lady how well she fitted me. I took some pictures of my feet in case I need to fight to get my money back. Satisfaction guaranteed right?
I won't post the nasty photos here but if you want to take a peek at my wounds check out the link to the right My Marathon Training Blog. Just no laughing at all the wrinkles on my feet. Sophia pointed them out to me a couple weeks ago. She looked at my hands and feet and said "mommy you are getting old" so I said "why do you say that Sophia", and she responded with " because Mommy your thumbs and your feet are all wrinkled like an old person." Nice observation. Don't you love how good your kids make you feel somedays.

No comments: