Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Four



Sophia turned 4 on Sunday. Man, my baby is getting big : ( Do all of you get saddened with each birthday? Or am I just strange and sappy. I said to her while watching her unwrap her presents last night….“oh Sophia you are getting so big, you’re not my baby anymore. You’re 4, you’re a big girl now ” She instantly grabbed a hold of my legs and looked up at me with those bewildered eyes and responded
“ but mommy you’ll still love me as a big girl right?” Of course I will sweetie I said, and then she added “and mommy don’t worry you still have Logie as your baby?“ Brought tears to my eyes!
What kind of mom am I though being in Nashville on her actual birthday. Luckily John kept his promise of not saying Happy Birthday to her until Monday, the day I got home. It is kinda nice to still be able to fool your child like that. At what age do they get smart on you and figure out the date?
So anyway we were scrambling to celebrate her birthday when my mom and I got home Monday night. John had to go out and prepare for the “party” while we were driving back from Nashville. It was nice to get a break from that task this year!
So the best part of the day was realizing that at 4 it doesn’t take much to impress them. The kid was thrilled with just a few presents(some not even wrapped), a cake from the grocery store, and her family singing Happy Birthday to her.
Her face was beaming the whole night and she kept repeating to John and I “I Love you guys!” What more do you need?
Now if she would just stop talking about that Chuck e Cheese party she wants so badly I‘d be in the clear! : )

2 comments:

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

So glad you are back online!!! I've missed you! Yes, turning four is hard and sad....sniff, sniff. Maybe IT IS time for another!

Anonymous said...

Hey Christa, 51 is great, is like the new 39 and life is good. Keep saying comments like that and I will have both of your legs broken, I know a guy... lol

Tom