Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Not a fun night

my mom came back from NY last night. her flight was scheduled to arrive at 4:25pm but got delayed an hour. I left my house to get her at 5pm as the airport is about 25mins away. I parked and waited and waited for her figuring she must have been further delayed. About 6pm she called to say she was in Wilmington, NC (2 hours south)! I thought she had gotten on the wrong flight. It happens right?
Apparently though her plane had problems with the de-icers so they had to travel south to land? Not sure why as it was 47 degrees at 6pm.
It had rained all day yesterday and it was foggy and now rush hour but with nothing to do and no purse I decided to head back home to have dinner. My mom ended up waiting about an hour at the Wilmington airport and was finally sent to Raleigh on a charter bus. I waited for her bus to get in and returned to the airport about 10pm. We were back home about 10:30pm when she realized getting out of the car in the garage, she had left her laptop bag on the bench at the airport! She was freaking out of course so I just said get back in the car and I headed to airport for the 3rd time that night!
Thankfully the security guard having spotted an unattended bag, a potential bomb threat, returned the bag to the USAirways baggage dept before anyone stole it.
I hope I don't have to see the airport for awhile. And I'm thankful the price of gas has gone down because it took me about a half a tank of gas to get her home, bags and all.

2 comments:

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

But just think.....your mommy is visiting. I'm jealous :)

Spindler Clan said...

What a long night! I am glad that in the end you both arrived safe and sound at home! Enjoy her visit! :)