Sunday, July 6, 2008

The "Samantler"






The girls have a new pet who is making a home in our screened in deck. According to Sophia and Logann this bright green thing is called a "Samantler". Not a Salamander, a Samantler!! They seemed so sure of it and since I've never really been up on my insects I almost believed them. Anyone with kids knows that Diego introduces some crazy animals on his show. i.e. Cappibara, Pygmy Marmosets, maybe he taught them about a Samantler?
So I did a google image search this morning and informed the girls that their Samantler is really a Praying Mantis! They're in denial. ....Because THEY KNOW IT ALL!

1 comment:

life with my boys... said...

Keep him! Pryaing Mantis love to eat all kinds of nasty bugs...they're actually not all that 'heavenly' to other insects!!!