Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tornado

i tried going to the gym tonight to take a class and unwind( rough first day of summer vacation). it started raining on the way, then quickly turned into downpouring and hail. we were determined to get there though so we kept driving. our usual 6 min. drive took 30mins. but we got there with 2 mins to spare before the class started. at the door a guy greeted us and told us to head into the locker rooms as there was a tornado in the area. the gym was closed for 30mins, no classes!! no way was i sitting in a locker room with hundreds of people. so we left.
made a mistake of heading to taco bell instead of home and spent another 30 mins. driving in more crazy weather. got my crunchwrap supreme though, which i am enjoying with a glass of pino grigio, strange combination.
subbing good sweaty workout and 2 hours of daycare, for 560 calories 24 grams of fat and alcohol. its been one of those days!

4 comments:

life with my boys... said...

I lived in Tornado Alley for 31 years...once a see a tornado in person, you'll go to the locker room when they tell you to!!! You're crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spindler Clan said...

Ditto to Amy's comment! I would have been so nervous to drive in that...actually Keaton would never have let me...he is very scared of storms. I am just glad you made it home safe and sound! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, your back on the wagon ha-ha, how long did the alcohol free Christa last?

Anonymous said...

or I should say off the wagon I guess.....