Wednesday, May 14, 2008

a hobby?

can anyone explain to me how a person could include gardening as a hobby? up until yesterday doing the laundry was my least favorite chore. gardening is now leading the way. a hobby it is not!

however in gardeners' defense i must admit i did end up in the mulch beds looking for relaxation. "i'll go outside, get some sun, and weed" i thought to myself. i guess i forgot how allergic i am to weeds, grass, flowers, etc. within seconds my arms were covered in red, bumpy,itchy blotches. my fingers at the same time were bleeding from all those nasty prickery weeds i was pulling barehandedly,definitely need to invest in some pretty patterned gardening gloves : )

to top off my new hobby, an enormous spider crawled up my arm which caused me to jump and scream like a baby, stepping right onto a red ant hill. ant bites, a NC treat!! man they hurt! and then itch like crazy all night. to hell with gardening, i've got enough hobbies.

1 comment:

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

You're right...gardening sucks!