Sunday, March 30, 2008

Summer Vacation

Camping has never been my idea of vacationing! I do love some aspects of the outdoors, sitting by the fire, drinking, making smores, etc. Swimming in a lake, mosquitos/bugs, tents, and no running water is not what I call fun!
Needless to say John has talked me into a week long vacation in the Adirondacks this July. Of course its not really camping though as we are renting a cottage on White Lake, but...its still the woods, in a cottagey lake place. I prefer ocean front hotels and sandy beaches, going out to dinner not diners but... : ) I'm comprising this year though. Last summer Sophia and John went to NY for a week and she has continued to talk about the lake and camping since then. So I'm sure it'll be fun!
Summer vacations for us will always revolve around the Boilermaker (15K race in Utica) which both John and I are racing this year, and the track schedule (Saratoga horse racing). Therefore we'll be in NY July 12-19 and Aug 10th-17.
Hope some of you outdoorsy people can come up to visit us at our "camp". We have plenty of extra beds. Its only 15 miles from Old Forge and Water Safari. It would be fun to get a big group to go up.

2 comments:

Spindler Clan said...

That sounds like fun to us! :) We will just be getting back from our trip back to WI/MN on the 14th of July so hopefully we can hook up.

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

We'll be gone the August one, but around the July one :)