Tuesday, March 25, 2008

easter








we had a family tradition every year when I was a kid, my mom would hide our easter baskets and provide us with clues that eventually led to the basket. this year i decided to start the tradition with S and L. i explained that the easter bunny brought the basket but instructed mommy to hide the basket with clues. the girls really enjoyed hunting for their basket - following the clues left in the eggs around the house. according to my mom though i was suppose to make sure all the clues rhymed!! i may need to call in amy for next year. rhyming is not my thing.
the girls eventually found their basket hidden in the dryer amongst a standard load of laundry left in there for days! laundry is not my thing either!
we had the standard easter ham lunch before john and his friend nathan visiting from charlotte headed out to the ncaa games here in raleigh. my mom and i relaxed all afternoon and polished off some bottles of wine. after sobering up, we headed out to do some shopping only to find every store here closed! what about the jews? bible belt living.

No comments: