Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Xmas....finally


With Logann's worst day being Xmas eve I don't have many photos to share. Not much happened in way of tradition or excitement this year as our goal and concern was getting Logann better in time for Santa. I felt sorry for Sophia as I didn't have the time to do the intended baking and crafts we had planned. My mom helped her assemble a ginger bread house that I ended up throwing out after Xmas, having never been decorated.

Xmas Eve Sophia was very excited for Santa's arrival, so with Logann in bed sick I spent some time with her setting up Santa's cookies. We found a cute idea for creating a snowman cookie using oreos and marshmallows and licorice. It was harder than it looked and never stood straight up. But Sophia and I had fun attempting.

Hopefully next year will be a healthy one!



sophia's nickname of phia began with rob and judith's 2 yr old daughter kate. phia was all she could pronounce and it has stuck.




Favorite Gifts this year: Sophia requested a Christmas Toy from Santa. I was puzzled by the request and bought her this figurine, she says it was her favorite gift, strange kid! Logann loved her new Pixos and Jewelry set. Both girls received a bunch of Leapster games which are getting a lot of attention. And Logann's favorite gift was probably the jewelry box Grandma Hook gave her and Sophia. It has a ballerina that spins to Over the Rainbow music. She takes it everywhere!










Cheap Knock-Offs: so the girls asked for 2 gifts that after researching I refused to buy. One was a nail glitter polish machine thingy for Logann. Please! No! And Phia begged for a cupcake making machine. I considered this one until I read all the terrible reviews. So I'm cheap and I wasn't wasting $80 on more junk, I found for Logann in her left hand below, a nail glitter polish set at the dollar store which she loved. We used it once and I trashed it, perfect! For Phia I found a $7.99 cupcake making set at Borders. She was a little smarter and said, "Well this really wasn't the one I asked for but its great!" Always the pleasing child.








1 comment:

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

Looks like a great day for you, finally :). I love the girls tangled hair....too excited to groom. My boys are the same (w/ less hair). Logann is looking SO much like John!