Friday, December 26, 2008

my poor Laptop

i had a funeral for my laptop today. after only 18mths with us, it caught the stomach bug and died. its currently rotting away, smelling up my office, awaiting a proper burial. Logann was playing on it the other night when we thought she was rallying. (see next post) After a couple crackers and some milk(god what was I thinking??!!) she proceeded to barf an enormous amount all over the keyboard. it was dripping wet with puke and immediately shutdown. no sign of life in 3 days! i tore it apart and i think the hard drive is salvageable(did i spell that right??) but man i wasn't planning on saying goodbye so soon. and if i can't recover my hard drive data i've just lost a lot of stuff! : (
so i guess i'm on the market for a new one, at least on a good note the timing isn't bad for deals on computers, got any recommendations.

4 comments:

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

I have a laptop I'm liking a lot. Got it in October. I suppose, you didn't get the extended "anything goes" warranty on your laptop, eh? Because it would cover puke :)

Spindler Clan said...

Oh no!!! Huge bummer..I am hoping you will be able to take it in to see what the tech guys can do for you...who knows maybe they can at least recover your files for you.

I have a HP Pavillion dv6000 laptop that I really like. I have had it for almost two years this March and I haven't had any issues yet...knock on wood.

Elizabeth said...

That just plain sucks, Christa. If we lived nearby, I'd send Scott over to see what he could do. Scott and I both have Dell laptops and love them. I got the one with the big screen so it's not the easiet thing to travel with(although it's fine to transport around the house). But the big screen is nice for photo work.

Anonymous said...

Apple!