Sunday, December 7, 2008

highlights of our trip to FL


since logann lost our little pocket size camera I'm finding that I don't take as many pictures. Most days I don't feel like lugging around the SLR therefore this is the extent of our photos from the week.......
Swimming with Daddy
John was such a fun dad. The girls had a blast in the pool with him. He made up a game of alligator, elephant, snake where he pretended he was one of the above and went around chasing them trying to capture them. They loved it! Mommy on the other hand had fun watching from the lounge chair, soaking up the sun and relaxing. It was a nice break for me.
this is where we still stand swimming. logann the little fish spends most of her time underwater or in the bathroom peeing out all the pool water she takes in. Sophia however is still treading at the top usually with that cautious look. She is gradually getting better and made it as far as getting her nose under water. But she is a long way from the old days in Baldwinsville when she would jump into the water by herself.
Venice Dog Beach
our last night in FL was fun! we all took Jackson to the dog beach close to my mom's place.
handsome dude
The sun was just setting and other than the smell of dog pee everywhere it was really neat.
The girls loved playing with all the different breeds. They ranged from the tiny french bulldog
pup,their favorite,
to the 200lb+ super sweet and submissive Great Dane.
Jackson did well interacting with all the dogs, we weren't so sure as he hasn't been playing with other dogs since we moved here really. Poor guy hasn't made any friends in NC!
In addition to the dogs there were tons of dolphins jumping close to the shore. It was really neat watching them. Of course it was really getting dark out so my camera couldn't capture their fast jumping from afar. You'll just have to believe me. It was awesome.
Photo Ops
they love each other!
my favorite child..... I mean favorite son : )
i love how john captured the girls playing behind me neat photo i thought, well except for my ugly face!

2 comments:

life with my boys... said...

VERY cool pics! Impressive! I think we would make a great team!

Spindler Clan said...

I agree with Amy's comment! :)