Saturday, August 30, 2008

paged

today we made a quick stop at Dick's so John could get some new running shoes, (or Sneakers as they would say in NY). As we were heading to the front of the store to cash out, I asked John where Sophia was.
Literally two seconds later we hear over the loud speaker,
"Will Sophia's mom please come to the front of the store"
Talk about humiliation! When we got there, Sophia was crying and panicking while some lady was holding her and giving me dirty looks. Sophia then started yelling at me that I walked away and was hiding from her. OK sure. make me look even worse.
Last I remembered before I turned to look at the socks,was she in the shopping cart, begging John for those decorative things you put in your crocs. Maybe I should make the kids wear one of those backpacks with the long leash so I'll know where they are at all times. I'll admit I'm probably a little too lenient with them while shopping, but the loud speaker announcement was harsh punishment. I think I'm still red in the face.
P.S. why don't they ever page the Daddy?

3 comments:

Spindler Clan said...

We went to the NY state fair the other day with the boys and I saw tons of those leash things on kids. It seems cruel but I guess you do what you gotta do. I am sorry you had to go through that!

life with my boys... said...

i was going to say what she said...how 'bout a leash...or is that too much for a big bad kindergartener!!!!
(kidding, of course!) David's mom lost him in the store EVERY time they went out...seriously.

life with my boys... said...

i was going to say what she said...how 'bout a leash...or is that too much for a big bad kindergartener!!!!
(kidding, of course!) David's mom lost him in the store EVERY time they went out...seriously.