Sunday, May 17, 2009

Friday - Last Day in Holland

We decided to go back to Amsterdam on our last day. John really wanted to check out the Heineken museum. Honestly I had my heart set on going to the cheese market somewhere else but knowing John's not as much of a cheesehead as me I agreed on A'dam.
The Heineken Museum turned out to be very interesting. I think I actually enjoyed it more than John which is pretty funny.



We got quite a bit of beer during the tour. Unfortunately it didn't taste any better in Amsterdam. Still don't really like Heineken but I drank it, how do you say no?


One thing I did like was the little glasses we got to sample out of, wish we bought some of those.

Looked like we missed quite a party on Queen's Day still trash everywhere!

check out the cars at right. i heard they have to make lots of car rescues when someone accidentally puts it in drive instead of reverse. crazy!


big park, hoppin with people.




lucky dogs hanging out at cafes




lots of house boats in A'dam


(you can't see it here but there is always a line for the Holland fries, John and I had them once and craved them all week. French fries with Mayo, sounds gross huh? its kinda a mayo/mustard dipping sauce, no ketchup! hell might as well add some extra calories when you're a skinny Dutchman)



(the city is much busier on Friday, our way back to Central Station, this is why I dislike big cities, claustrophobia!)





(this is how you would transport your case of beer in Holland, might prevent overuse?)



2 comments:

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

What a wonderful adventure you and Jon have had. I'm SO jealous. Does your mom have the girls? I miss you! And, I'm going to respond to the great big email you sent me soon....when are you coming to visit this summer?
Hugs,
Meg

Anonymous said...

LOL
those are regular Dutch beer glasses, that is so funny! "een biertje"
Only if you order a pint you get the big ones in Holland.
I have some in the kitchen cabinet that I never use, should have given them to you guys!