Sunday, June 1, 2008

My Bird Dog






waiting for the okay


Weimaraners are bird dogs bred to hunt. I think I have the only Weim that can't swim. He's a bit like Sophia, doesn't like to get his head wet. It didn't take long for the duck to figure that out. He spent about an hour teasing Jackson, daring him to come closer. It was driving Jax nuts.



........thinking about it.


I was getting worried for awhile I actually thought he was going to make the plunge off the dock. Knowing he would start sinking, how would I possibly rescue him and his 100+lbs.


I blame his fear of water, hence non-ability to swim, on John who threw him off our boat when he was a pup. That day we had to jump in to pull his thrashing body out. What about the theory that all dogs know how to swim?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he still doesn't swim! LOL. I wish sometimes Thor didn't! It is so hard to keep him out of the water... forget adding ducks to the mix!

Spindler Clan said...

Awwww....poor Jackson! That must kill him not being able to swim. He is so darn cute though sitting and watching that duck! Don't ya wish you knew what they were thinking!!! You really out to put some of these pics you have taken of him and put captions or bubbles coming out of his head and send them to an animal magazine!!!