Thursday, November 27, 2008

scary turkey

i think logann is on her way to becoming a vegetarian. just about the only meat she eats is chicken nuggets. today she refused to eat anything off her thanksgiving plate.
this morning i thought it would be fun for her to help baste the turkey with butter. big mistake! she was totally freaked out by it and a bit confused. when the turkey was done cooking and cooling on the stove she ran out of the kitchen saying she was scared of the turkey. i wonder if i have forever ruined her thanksgiving dinner? she asked me a few times later in the day why we ate the turkey and where the feathers went.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Poor girl. I've often wondered why more kids aren't freaked out by eating a turkey after all those cutesy turkey crafts and stories and whatnot they do in school. I honestly don't think they're sharp enough as Logann to make the connection - I know my kids haven't.