Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

We are celebrating our first Thanksgiving in Florida this year. My mom retired in June and is staying down here in her condo for most of the winter. The thought of Tgiving in 70 degree weather seemed strange but I must say we're loving it! The girls have enjoyed swimming and going to the beach and of course spending time with Grandma. I've been relaxing, reading, napping and eating/drinking way too much. Luckily John and I have begun running again this week after a two month hiatus. My knee is finally not killing me anymore, I can't believe how much better I feel after some exercise. I also can't believe how quick my belly grew with no exercise. I guess they're right about that post-30 slow down in metabolism.
Today was pretty low-key. But isn't Thanksgiving always, kind of a boring holiday. After our run this morning, the girls and I watched National Dog Show and tried to decide on the breed for our next dog. The Pointer, which has always been a favorite of mine, took best in show. They prefer a dog from the toy group, something tiny and fuzzy!
We ate our turkey early, went swimming, and then after dessert drove around my mom's neighborhood looking at the Xmas lights. Can't believe people are so quick to decorate! The chore of unpacking the tree and accessories, hanging the lights and all the other Xmasy stuff doesn't sound appealing to me just yet.

No comments: