Saturday, September 8, 2007

First day of school, first day of school!




Its finally here! We've been counting down the days or should I say the weeks til the start of school. I don't know if Sophia was more excited to go or if I was more excited to drop her off. After reading some of my other friend's blogs about all tears that went along with the first day of school, I feel bad. Sophia and I were both wearing smiles. Couldn't get a photo of her in front of her new school. It was really hot out and we had a long walk from the parking lot so by the time we got near the school she was whining and dying to get into the A.C. Gotta love the 95 degree fall days here in NC.
Her teacher is a friend of mine and really into arts and crafts and music so Sophia will be in her glory this year. Something mommy can't help her out much with!
Logann on the other hand is still first on the waiting list for the two year old class. She will be the oldest kid by far in the class so I'm wondering if she will even benefit from it, but I know I could use some "me" time with them both in school.
On the morning of the first day of school Logann came downstairs carrying her My Little Pony backpack. I got a little nervous wondering how I was going to explain to her that she couldn't go to school too. I went ahead and asked her if she was going to school today to see what her reaction would be. Crocodile tears started flowing and a really loud "I DONT LIKE GOOL (school) MOMMY. I WANT TO STAY HOME WITH YOU!"............... Phew luckily they change their minds overnight.
Sophia was the one that struggled. All the way to school she kept saying "I'm gonna miss my Logie" And when I picked her up the first thing she wanted was a rundown of what Logann did while she was gone.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tell max that all zach does is miss him, then fall asleep for a really long nap - the truth!!!
- amy

Spindler Clan said...

Don't get me wrong...after the first day emotions were over, I have been smiling too! :) It is nice to have some alone time with Carson because before you know it, he will be in preschool! Yikes! But Keaton does ask also what C and I did while he was gone and I usually downplay everything because I know if I tell him what we really do together he might not want to go to school. Amy...that's another plus to pm kindergarten. Max is gone while Zach naps. Not missing out on anything.