Saturday, June 6, 2009

urgh! i'm depressed

really depressed! its 415am and i can't sleep, have barely slept all night. i'm falling apart again! messed up my shoulder doing my favorite kickboxing class 12 days ago. so after two incredible massages, countless rounds of frozen peas, and many a Advil, it still hurts. i've been adviced not to return to class! bye bye kickboxing. what a bummer.
yesterday i went to the dermatologist for a bodyscan of my 1001 moles, freckles, and ugly spots that completely adorn my body. i was expecting a biopsy of something as is always the case. but i wasn't expecting to have a large black spot on my scalp removed.

so i sit here now with a headache, stitches in my head, 12 days with no hairwashing gross, 12 days with no ability to color the gray hair i have been needing to color damn! and worst of all NO SOCCER tomorrow. well no worst of all the potential for skin cancer on my head, yuck that wouldn't be fun or pretty.
but back to soccer, i need to play soccer tomorrow, i was looking forward to it all week. i love it!
did i even tell you i am playing soccer. i don't think i did. its a 25 and over (yes i just made the cutoff) still get carded every game : ) co-ed league. we play every sunday and some saturdays in the middle of the afternoon. its outside on a really huge field(i don't remmber the field being so big when i was playing in highschool) and its usually hot as hell. hence lots of sweating and calorie burning.
what a workout it is. i can run miles at a nice slow pace, but sprinting up and down the soccer field is a totally different thing. i also love the competition. as a kid i never cared about winning or losing. i had no drive. but for some reason when i get on the field now, the ball is mine and any girl or guy that takes it away (which is almost always : ) is going to have to deal with me. i can play defense for once in my life and i'm enjoying it. i understand what they say now about soccer injuries. its so physical i forgot how physical it was. its great! its such a rush.
so i've been reading up on health journals tonight and i think i might try to cake my stitches in vaseline to prevent the sweat from soaking them. then i'll alert my team that there will be no heading the ball for me. something i suck at anyway.
i'll get my endorphin rush on the field, cheer up my spirits, and start saying my prayers that i won't have to go back in for some more head cutting when the biopsy results come.

3 comments:

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

Oh...I'm so, so sorry honey. Sounds like a crummy week or two coming up. But hopefully, your biopsy will be clear and you'll be up and going again quickly.

No playing soccer tomorrow! You need to take better care of yourself then that...

But, I love that you are playing. My boys are going to think that you are SO COOL! Eddie didn't start playing on a league until Owen started, and he LOVES it, too. Is completely obsessed w/ it, really. They keep telling me I should try it...maybe I should.

Spindler Clan said...

So sorry to hear all this Christa!! I agree with Meg...NO SOCCER tomorrow! Rest up and take care of yourself. I will send positive thoughts your way that the biopsy is clear!!

Unknown said...

Hey Chris,

vaseline on stiches doesn't seem like a very good idea. I think sweat is less harmful; it's only salty water!
12 days seems like a long time without washing, why so long? Because of the hair? People who have surgery are allowed to shower within days, doesn't make any sense to me...
We'll keep our fingers crossed for good news on the biopsy!!!
And if you do decide to play soccer: take it easy!
Take care,
Jude&Co