Sunday, April 20, 2008

Caterpillar hunting

The girls had their buddy Nolan over for a playdate the other day. On our way to the neighborhood playground we ran into loads of caterpillars on the sidewalk. The kids had so much fun playing and collecting the "fuzzy guys" on sticks. Something I never did as a kid because I am not and never was crazy about bugs or creepy crawly fuzzy things. Yuck!

I let Sophia and Nolan take one home as a pet. Logann apparently takes after me and wanted nothing to do with taking one home. We made a house for Sophia's in tupperware with holes for breathing. Dinner consisted of lettuce and carrots, standard caterpillar diet Sophia thought. Before dark I convinced her to release him to his parents who were surely looking frantically for him. I must admit the caterpillar made an easy pet for the day, definitely easier than the poodle, hamster, rat, or baby brother she's been asking for.


No comments: