Friday, February 15, 2008

Packing Party

Last Sunday John worked all day and the weather was cool so I decided to get a head start on packing and attacked the kitchen. 5 hours of constant wrapping and taping with very little to show it seemed. But.....what the hell was I thinking anyway, not hiring the movers to do all the packing, like in our last move. I guess I figured I could put the $1800 it would have cost to a better use : ) I also have an annoying character trait of not letting things hang over my head. It worked well in college when I had a paper due. I was the one that went home and wrote the paper that night even if it wasn't due for 2 weeks. Procastination is not me! So here i sit with almost 2 weeks til the actual move.....80% of the house is packed......i'm feeling good.....although I forgot I was going to need cookie cutters for Sophia's Vday party - packed, vase for my Vday rose - vases packed, nightly book for the girls before bed - all packed , running out of checks, - oops already packed. This is a no-win situation!!
So while i was busy wrapping my fine china(ha!) and drinking wine on a Sunday afternoon(a must while packing), my sweet, well behaved(for the moment) daughters were entertaining themselves by styling their My Little Ponies. Here is the finished product. They were so proud!


No comments: