Sunday, January 13, 2008

birthdays are fun

So I've survived my first full day of 30. Not sure if I feel that much different today, older, wiser, etc. but the thought of admitting my age now makes me cringe. Yesterday wasn't so bad after all .......... John had to work 9-7 so I hung out with the girls and made the best of it. The morning started with a trip to the doctor for Logann suffering from yet another sinus infection. Still regret my brilliant idea at getting them flu shots while we were there. The drama of a needle was a great way to start the celebration. Sophia did have me laughing though. She was so excited to go to the dr., she did her usual, "i'm sick too, look in my ears, etc" to the dr. When the nurse came in to give the shot, unbeknownst to her, she asked Sophia which arm was her favorite. The intuitive kid she is quickly bolted off the table admitting she really wasn't sick after all. "I think I feel better now" she said as she headed for the door." Both girls were crying fools after the prick and vowing never to return to the doctor's office again. I reassured them that not every visit would entail a shot. In fact I remembered to include that they wouldn't need anymore shots til kindergarten. Smart thinking on my behalf. I now have children refusing to go to kindergarten. The crazy thing is Sophia starts in 6 months(assuming we are still in NC).

After the trip to the doctor we got Logann's prescription filled and raced home to get ready for their friend's birthday party. Tell me this is not a sign.....As I merged onto the highway en route to the party, I pulled behind a porsche carrera, my dream car. Here's the kicker, the license plate read 29Again! How depressing is that? somehow I did manage to laugh it off.

We spent the afternoon at Pump It Up amongst bounce houses, blow up slides and 20 crazy kids high on juice and cake. By that point I was looking forward to my own "juice". Thankfully John was taking me out to dinner. The day gets better. As I am just about to walk out the door for dinner having spent way too much time getting ready and ironing(something I always avoid), Logann asks for juice. I open the fridge and am completely plastered with a half can of Spaghetti0s. Outfit destroyed! Mess everywhere, 30 mins late picking up John. What idiot mother would put SpaghettiOs on the edge of the refrigerator shelf. Still laughing! And swearing!

Luckily no mishaps at dinner. We went to Bonefish Grill, love that place. They have one in Fayetteville, NY in the TowneCenter, ever go? Great calamari. John and I downed a bottle of wine in the car while we waited an hour for our table, made us both feel young! I had a couple Sierra Nevada's with dinner and couldn't believe that I was feeling hung over at 3am when Sophia came in crying about her arm aching and to tell me that Jackson was puking on the carpet. He did after all polish off half of my double choc. super rich, best ever, birthday cake the day before.

You have to love birthdays!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe I forgot to call you on your birthday. I have it on the calander too. I suck as a friend, sorry. But Happy Belated 30th birthday. Maybe I forgot to call you because I don't think anyone wants to turn 30, at least I don't. I told Dave I will be in a deep depression that week hopefully in Vegas and to not come looking for me. Anyways I'm glad you survived and you look great. Hope you come back to NY soon I miss hanging out with you. -Christy

Anonymous said...

A birthday worth to remember I say!



....and I am a little offended being 37 and all!!!!! ;)

Jude

Spindler Clan said...

The way you recalled your day cracked me up! Can't wait to celebrate your 30th in Orlando! See you soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you, Christy, I forgot too. So sorry Christa, you know me and birthdays, I suck at remembering them. Happy Belated!!! But I agree with Judith, don't feel too sorry for 'ya, seeing as I'll be 39 in a month! At least you're not staring down the big 4-0!!!!!
-amy